DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Mark 1 and 2 - Jason

I was touched by how quickly the first disciples of Jesus followed him. The Bible says that they were casting their fishing nets. Jesus said, "Follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men." And immediately they left their nets and followed him. They left their jobs and parents and perhaps wives to follow the Lord. Maybe their wives went with them? Either way, they knew that Jesus would give them a new life, and Jesus was the person to follow. I want to follow him too, and I want to be willing to go the extra mile and do what he calls me to do. I have to admit that being a "fisher of men" sounds like a cool job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment