DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Matthew 26 - Jason

Jesus spoke to his disciples about a few parables related to believers and how they will be judged by Christ at the end of their life. I think these are all important ones for me to remember as I strive to live in a way that is worthy of my faith and trust in Jesus. I wonder about the 10 virgins and the wise ones who brought extra oil with them. I think as I am waiting for Jesus to return I want to be ready for him to come at any moment, but also be ready to wait a while. I don't want to run out of faith or patience before He comes. I also want to be like the servant who invests the talents wisely and gains many more for the Lord. I'm not sure what exactly the talents are, but it could be all the resources that God has given me to be effective in sharing my faith with others and being an ambassador for Christ that is actively looking to introduce people to God and the gospel. I want to be like the sheep who are generous and selfless giving to the least of these brothers and sisters of Christ. I don't want to be stingy or holding back what belongs to God, and I want to helpful to those around me and around the world who are in need of help. I cannot be successful at all these things on my own, I need Jesus' direction, and I need to stay connected to the body of Christ.

1 comment: