DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Matthew 24 - Jason

I think that Jesus helps me to understand how to wait for His return in this chapter. 1. I should be wary of false prophets who would preach a different Jesus or a different gospel from what I received in the Scripture. Someone might claim that the Christ has returned, but it will be obvious around the whole world the moment when He arrives. 2. I should not claim to know the day or the hour that Jesus is coming back. He said not to make predictions like this. So I will not listen to people who say that Jesus is coming back at a certain day. He did say to look for the signs. I can hear Christians saying that they think Jesus will return in their lifetime. I think it is healthy to live in a state of readiness for Jesus to come. I want to be ready for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment