DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Friday, April 7, 2017

Matthew 12 - Jason

Jesus emphasized the importance of spiritual relationships over natural family when he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." I think I still struggle with finding the right balance between spending time with family members and having closer fellowship with people who are following God together in the church. I think that many of my family members are believers, but sometimes we have disagreements, and I want to be able to stand up for what God wants me to do instead of being swayed by family. In this Scripture it seems like Jesus' family had come to interrupt his teaching and ministry work. But God had a different plan and Jesus did not go with them. I still feel a strong attachment to my family members, and it is hard to say no or not go along with them at times if they are wanting me to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment