DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Mathew 16 - Jason

I thought it was interesting that Peter knew that Jesus is the Messiah because the Lord spoke to him and showed him this truth. I think that is the same way that I and other believers truly become saved is when God reveals Jesus to us.

It is also interesting that in almost the same breath, Peter listens to the devil who says that Jesus should not be crucified. Peter even took Jesus aside to rebuke him in front of the other disciples. So I should not think that just because I am saved and the Lord shows me things that I am immune to influence from the devil. I need to test what I hear and see if it is God speaking to me or not? Am I allying myself with God and surrendering all of my life and decisions to Him? I want to do this, and I choose to do it each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment