DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Matthew 10 - Nathanael

Again a very interesting chaptwr as Jesus sends out his disciples on their first ministry trip.
Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.   
Matthew 10:1
When i read this it is very exciting and i think "i wish that i was there to experience that!" But then I remember that Jesus had given us his Holy Spirit  and had sent us out! 

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.  
Matthew 10:16
A call to wisdom. Too often I can be naive and think the best for people but I need the wisdom of God I  how to proceed.

But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,
Matthew 10:19
It was not "if" they arrest you but "when".
Persecution is part of the package. 

   "The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master.  It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!   
Matthew 10:24-25
We will also bee called evil and of the devil - this usually religious people.

And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.   

Thank you Jesus that you love us so much and that you know every part of us! 

 "Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.  But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.  
Matthew 10:30-33
A sobering reminder not to give way to fear

 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward."
Matthew 10:42 NIV
I want God's reward. This reminds me to accept and honor people for who they are in Christ! 

1 comment:

  1. I have several people say good things about me. I don't remember if people have frequently said that I'm mean or devilish--although it has happened before. I wonder if I have been spared from much of the persecution that Jesus is describing here? I know that there have been many martyrs for Jesus in the world in the last ten years, but I think my current circumstances are relatively safe.

    ReplyDelete