DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Matthew 16 - Nathanael

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save their life  will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.  What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
Matthew 16:24‭-‬26 NIV

Jesus gives us a high calling and a challenging call. We are generally more quick to want to follow Jesus than to take up our cross and lose our life.

Most of the time we are I  the opposite mode: we want to feed ourselves and give ourselves what we want and desire; we want to preserve our lives and avoid suffering or difficulty. But Jesus says that behaviour and attitude will actually cause us to lose our life. 

Jesus give me the courage to see life in the correct way and to lose my life now to save it for eternity! 


No comments:

Post a Comment