DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Matthew 19 - Jason

I like to read about the rich young ruler even though this story does not end well for him. He came to Jesus asking how he can be saved, but it seems like he was not interested in actually finding out how to do it. Or he was not willing to do whatever it takes to enter the Kingdom of God. The Lord told him to go and sell his possessions and give them to the poor, which seems like a hard thing to do--but Jesus said that the young man can come and follow him and that he will have riches in heaven! Did the young ruler not believe what Jesus said? Did he doubt the payoff that would come from obeying Jesus' instructions? I do not want to respond like this young man. I feel like I have more wealth than many people, but I still do not consider myself rich. But no matter what, I know that it is impossible for me to be saved without God's grace and His mercy on my life. I am willing to do whatever it takes to follow Jesus, and I don't want to let anything stand between me and God. Lord God, please help to see and know what my next steps are in following you and give me the courage to do it even if it seems scary or impossible to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment