DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Matthew 11 - Nathanael

And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades.  For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day.  But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you."    
Matthew 11:23‭-‬24
Jesus lived in Capernaum so they saw many miracles and heard much teaching. But still many from Capernaum didn't believe and Jesus said it will be bad for them at judgement time. I think that in the U.S. we are in the same situation. 

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:‬28‭-‬30 NIV
Thank you Jesus that you desire to give us rest and relieve our burdens! Help us to trust you and find your rest! 

1 comment:

  1. I think it is interesting and important to pray and live for personal repentance and revival and then look for it in people around me and pray for the leaders of our country as a whole. I'm not sure how a city or nation as a whole can be sanctified, but I know it starts with individuals, and the leaders can have a significant impact.

    ReplyDelete