DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Matthew 11 - Jason

I was thinking when I read verses 20-24, what is it about the people in some cities that they do not repent when they see Jesus and his miracles and teaching? What is it in the other cities he mentions that does make them repent? Like Sidon and Tyre, Sodom and Gomorrah? Why would they repent in dust and ashes while the other cities do not?

I want to see the miracles of God more and more and receive his teaching and continue to repent and be changed by Him. I do not want to be like these hard-hearted cities that see the Lord and all he does and then just go about my life however I want.

I also want to come to Jesus and take his yoke on me--I want to learn his ways and live in obedience to him. He promises to be with and give rest to my soul if I will do this consistently. Thank you Lord for your words, miracles, and your mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment