DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Matthew 17 - Jason

Jesus had said that in Chapter 16 verse 28 that some of his disciples would not die before they see Him coming in His kingdom. Now in Chapter 17 he took Peter, James, and John up the mountain to witness his transfiguration. The Scripture says that Jesus emptied himself of his power as God and his glory to live as a human being on the earth. He made himself nothing and took the position of a servant. But here, he is putting on or revealing his godly glory to his closest disciples who already believed in him as the Messiah, but this was yet a new look at who He is. They were terrified again to realize who they were with. Sometimes I wonder how I would respond if I met the Lord face to face like this. I ask the Lord to speak to me each day, and I believe that he does speak to my spirit through the Holy Spirit. I do not hear his voice audibly, and I do not see his glory. I wonder how scared I would be or what I would feel to be in his presence like that. I choose to trust in Jesus, and I ask God for forgiveness and mercy for all of my sins and unrighteousness. I trust that he cleanses me because of what Jesus did for me on the cross. I pray that I will continue to be grateful and humbled and obedient to God--loving Him and serving Him in response to what he has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment