DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Matthew 10 - Jason

Jesus gave his disciples many words of encouragement and instructions in this chapter as he sent them out to preach to the lost souls of Israel. He gave them authority to do all the miracles that he had been doing and showing them along the way! I was touched by the verses where Jesus instructs them to not be afraid. He said "everyone who acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven." On the one hand, I feel encouraged by this verse because that I have said to others that I am a Christian and have stood up for what I believe God wants me to do at times. However, I think that there were times that I was afraid to say that I am Christian, or I did not say what God wanted me to say at other times. Sometimes I do let fear stop me from doing certain things--but I choose to go forward, and I want to stand up for God in any situation. I don't want to be afraid of people or let fear stop me from doing what's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment