DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Matthew 23 - Jason

I always feel convicted when I read this chapter where Jesus is saying that the Pharisees and religious leaders are in trouble because of the things they are doing wrong and missing the mark. There is one that I wonder about sometimes: "you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in." I wonder how this might apply to me today? I am trying to enter the kingdom of heaven by trusting in the true Jesus. I think that I might shut the door in people's faces if I ignore people and think that they cannot be saved, so I do not speak to them. I also feel convicted by the one, "you are all like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness." I don't want to be someone who appears one way on the outside and then on the inside I'm totally different. I know that I am a sinner, and I continue to struggle with things in my heart, but I don't want to try and appear stronger than I am or more righteous than I am to others. I want to be open and honest, and humble myself before God and others. Lord God, please have mercy on me and help me to not be an overly religious person. Please help me not to trust in myself or my "good" deeds which add up to worse than nothing without your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment