DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Matthew 22 - Jason

The religious leaders and powerful men among the Jews were testing Jesus with many questions. But the wisdom of Christ confounded them all. In fact, their wisdom looks like foolishness as I look back at their questions. I have been praying for God to humble me and work on my pride some more so that I do not take matters into my own hands and try to act before asking God what to do. I don't want to feel like I have a better idea and do not submit to God's ways which are way better. I want to follow God's greatest commandment first of loving him "with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." And I want to "love your neighbor as yourself." Jesus is the wisest man who ever lived and he shows us a part of God's wisdom that is way higher than fallen human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment