DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Matthew 27 - Jason

This chapter about the trial of Jesus with Pilate and then his crucifixion is very emotional for me. I still get teary when I read about this scene. I know that it was God's plan for Jesus to suffer and die in the crucifixion as a sacrifice for my sins and for the sin of the whole world. It is because he loves me and loves all the people he made that he was willing to endure all these terrible sufferings and take the sin of the world on himself and be killed. The verses that make me very emotional are 28-31 when the soldiers are mocking him. It is very humbling to me because Jesus is the King and has all the authority in the universe, and yet these men were beating and mocking him and spitting on him. He did not retaliate, even though he could have killed them all and judged them for eternity, but he died for them too. His love is so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment