DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Matthew 13 - Jason

The parable of the sower is so good. When I read it I have to ask myself what kind of soil my heart has. Am I listening and understanding the word of God? Or am I allowing something in this world to distract me or pull me away from what God wants me to do? I try to focus when I read, but sometimes my mind wanders to something else, or I try to finish the reading as part of a religious duty rather than meditate on it and spend time with God. If I let something distract me and don't do anything with what I read from the Scripture then it would be better for me to not read. I should take responsibility for what the Lord is showing me with his word, and put his teaching into practice and grow spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment