DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Matthew 18 - Jason

I was touched by verses 33-35: "And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant as I had mercy on you? And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt. So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart."
I am reminded that God wants me to be forgiving towards all people who I feel have harmed me. I should remember the great mercy that God has had on me--that Jesus died in my place to pay for all my sins and rebellion. I want to remember what God did for me enough that I can give similar mercy towards others who do not owe nearly as much as I do to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment