DI Bible Reading

A regular Bible discussion at Discipleship International that encourages participation for mutual encouragement.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Matthew 15 - Jason

Jesus said that it is not what goes into a person's mouth that makes them unclean, but it is what comes out of a person's mouth that defiles them. Jesus said that our heart's are where sin comes from--the evil thoughts, hateful words, sexual thoughts and actions outside of marriage, and other such things. Sometimes I worry more about outward religious disciplines like reading and praying each day, and not watching certain things, but I need to recognize that I'm still a sinner and in need of Jesus too. The rebellious thoughts and words that tear others down, and sexual thoughts are not part of a holy lifestyle, and I choose to stop these things, but I need the Lord's help, and I still need His mercy and forgiveness. I don't want to be like the Pharisees who thought they were righteous because of their meticulous religious practices. Jesus said that my righteousness needs to exceed that of the Pharisees. The only way that I can do that is through God;s saving grace. He gives me righteousness as I trust in Him completely and come to Him as my help and my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment